Could someone explain bikini/figure competitions to me like I’m five? I do not understand the appeal of spending thousands of dollars to stand on stage all bronzed, dehydrated, and starving to be judged with ridiculously subjective criteria. I get that people like to have a goal to work towards, but slaving away and eating nothing but dry ass chicken so that you can achieve super low body fat for like a second, only to return to normal afterward (because nobody is supposed to be that lean) doesn’t seem like a healthy goal to work toward.
- bro1: i'm not on an unstructured bro-split, i'm just doing what Aragorn would do.
- bro2: Aragorn spent 80 years fucking around and nearly lost his elven princess and his shot at being the king, until Gandalf put him on the 'Walk to Mordor' program and just generally gripped his shit.
I'm starting to get the idea that as long as I'm doing stronglifts, I'm going to keep having this conversation over and over
- Person: Can I give you some advice?
- Me: Sure, why not
- Person: You're squatting wrong ::begins explaining high bar squat form::
- Me: Yeah that's a pretty good high bar squat, but we're doing low bar
- Person: ::puzzled look:: ::re-explains high bar squat::